More for you,
less from you
A combination of Medicare Advantage Special Needs Plan and Medicaid Advantage Plus (MAP), Hamaspik Medicare Choice (HMO D-SNP), gets you the care you need, without the cost. Over-the-counter health items, acupuncture, telehealth—it’s all covered.
Taking care to the next level
Do I qualify?
To be eligible for Hamaspik Medicare Choice (HMO D-SNP), individuals must meet the following criteria:
You are 18 years
of age or older
You are entitled to
Medicare Part A and B.
You are eligible for Full Medicaid benefits in the State of New York
You are capable of living safely at home according to New York State Department of Health (NYSDOH) criteria
You are eligible for:
- In-home nursing services
- In-home therapies
- Home health aide services
- In-home personal care services
- Consumer directed personal assistance services (CDPAS)
- Adult day health care
- Private duty nursing
You currently reside in
one of our participating service areas
Take care where you need it
Hamaspik Medicare Choice is now welcoming members from the following New York counties:
Ready to Enroll?
Choose your method:
TTY/TTD Users Call: 711
Customer Service Hours:
Oct 1 - Mar 31, Mon - Sun, 8AM - 8PM
Apr 1 - Sept 31, Mon - Fri, 8AM - 8PM
New to Long-Term Care?
If you or a loved on are new to Medicaid Community Based Long Term Care Services (CBLTCS) or have not received CBLTCS for more than 45 days, you must contact the New York Independent Assessor (NYIA). The NYIA will complete your initial assessment, in order to confirm that you are eligible to enroll. The initial assessment process includes two steps:
- Community Health Assessment (CHA), which is an assessment that is completed by a registered nurse, to see if you need personal care and/or consumer directed personal assistance services (PCS/CDPAS) and are eligible for enrollment in a Managed Long Term Care plan or MAP plan.
- Clinical appointment and Practitioner Order (PO): which is conducted by a medical practitioner, to confirm that you have a need for help with daily activities, and that your medical condition is stable, so you can receive care in your home.
If you have questions about the New York independent Assessor, please call 1-888-401-6582. TTY: 1-888-329-1541. Or call our Member Services staff for assistance at 1-888-426-2774 and we will be happy to help you. (TTY users, call 711.)
We will contact the individual to talk about the program and its benefits in detail, schedule an assessment, and create a plan of care for the individual. Then if the person agrees to enroll, we would submit it to the state and CMS, and then if it is approved, the enrollment would take effect on the first day of the next month.
Don’t forget your PCP!
Your PCP (Primary Care Physician) is your main healthcare provider for preventive care and other routine medical services. He or she also coordinates your benefits, helps you manage your ongoing health concerns, and teaches you to make healthy lifestyle choices. If you need a specialist, your PCP can connect you to a local in-network doctor.