More than a plan:
A family friend
As a member of Hamaspik Choice (MLTC), you enjoy a host of benefits, including the support of our compassionate, helpful people:
Our friendly enrollment specialists assess your eligibility, answer your questions, and work tirelessly to guarantee you receive the coverage you deserve.
Personal Care Aides
Skilled nurse care managers and social work care managers customize your individual care plan, communicating with your physicians to ensure a world-class healthcare experience.
All you need, right in your neighborhood. Members enjoy access to a broad lineup of the region’s top community providers, professionals, specialists, and facilities.
Operating under the trusted Hamaspik platform, Hamaspik Choice (MLTC) puts you first from day one, delivering excellence every step of the way.
To learn more about MLTC services, please see the Member Handbook
Do I qualify?
To enroll in Hamaspik Choice (MLTC), individuals must:
Be at least
18 years of age
Be capable of remaining in your home and community
Be eligible for:
- In-home nursing services
- In-home therapies
- Home health aide services
- In-home personal care services
- Consumer directed personal assistance services (CDPAS)
- Adult day health care
- Private duty nursing
Reside in one of our covered counties
Care that goes beyond the extra mile
Hamaspik Choice (MLTC) is now welcoming members from the following New York counties:
Ready to Enroll?
Choose your method:
TTY/TTD Users Call: 711
Customer Service Hours:
Mon - Fri, 9AM - 5PM
New to Long-Term Care?
If you or a loved one are new to Medicaid Community Based Long Term Care Services (CBLTCS) or have not received CBLTCS for more than 45 days, you must contact the New York Independent Assessor (NYIA). The NYIA will complete your initial assessment, in order to confirm that you are eligible to enroll. The initial assessment process includes two steps:
- Community Health Assessment (CHA), which is an assessment that is completed by a registered nurse, to see if you need personal care and/or consumer directed personal assistance services (PCS/CDPAS) and are eligible for enrollment in a Managed Long Term Care plan or MAP plan.
- Clinical appointment and Practitioner Order (PO): which is conducted by a medical practitioner, to confirm that you have a need for help with daily activities, and that your medical condition is stable, so you can receive care in your home.
If you have questions about the New York independent Assessor, please call 1-888-401-6582. TTY: 1-888-329-1541. Or call our Member Services staff for assistance at 1-855-552-4642, and we will be happy to help you. (TTY users, call 711.)
We will contact the individual to talk about the program and its benefits in detail, schedule an assessment, and create a plan of care for the individual. Then if the person agrees to enroll, we would submit it to the state and CMS, and then if it is approved, the enrollment would take effect on the first day of the next month.